Rich Peterson has served as a volunteer Chaplain with the Colorado State Patrol since November 2022. The role of Chaplain is to provide a ministry of presence to the men and women who serve to protect the citizens of Colorado. While I cannot walk in their shoes, I do come alongside to provide emotional, relational, and spiritual support. I currently provide ministry to 30+ State Patrol personnel and their families at Troops 1A Golden and 1E Gilpin.
I provide practical support through:
- Spending time with Troopers during a ride-along
- Providing special meals and gifts of appreciation
- Treating Troopers to lunch
- Being a presence at the Golden and Gilpin offices
- Leading invocational prayers for various CSP award, retirement, and promotion ceremonies
- Hospital visitation
- Wedding and funeral services
- Pastoral counseling
If you would like to donate to this ministry to First Responders, click the Donate Now button and find the name of this ministry from the drop down list.